Learn All About HOW TO
self improvement, motivational, do it yourself tips ,informations..
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
How To Get Great Body Shape-Stay Fit And Healthy
Unfortunately not, otherwise there will not be such high dropout rates in gyms all over the world and people getting fatter and fatter.
• Benefits of good health and fitness :-
1) Day to day chores are so much easier – Because you are fit, you will not tire that easily and chores such as gardening, carrying stuff , bending over or climbing up to pick up things will be so much easier.
2) Enjoy life better – Since daily chores are no longer chores, you are able to do more things and faster. Savor your productivity and efficiency.
3) Save money and live longer – Save money on your medical expenses from diseases that strike unhealthy and obese people. Your risk of high blood pressure, heart attacks, stroke and some form of cancers, all of which are deadly is reduced significantly when you stay fit and are in great health.
4) Your posture and confidence improve – Because you are stronger, your strong muscles hold up your skeletal structure will. This improves your body posture and your confidence will soar.
5) Look great in your clothes – You will carry your clothes well because you are no longer flabby or skinny with your clothes either too tight or too lose.
6) Attractive hunk – Gone will be the days when your body shape was the butt of jokes. Instead, people will ogle and admire your new attractive body. A body that many people will die for.
There are many more benefits for having great health and fitness. Too many to mention in just one article. So we shall go on to discuss how to be in great body shape, fit and healthy.
• How to be in great body shape-stay fit and healthy
Just three things.
1) Healthy eating habits and healthy lifestyle – You are what you eat. So if you eat unhealthy food, you will be unhealthy. Thus avoid saturated and trans fat. Eat less sugary stuff and sodium. Avoid alcohol and quit smoking. Drink plenty of water and remember what your mum used to say, “Take your vitamins.”
2) Do cardio exercises – It toughens up your heart and lungs. Cardio exercises are great for your respiratory and cardiovascular system. Best of all, it burns tons of calories.
3) Lift weights – Build muscles for a toned and defined body. With muscles come strength and with more strength you will be able to do many more things than just having a sexy muscular body.
So you can see, it is not that difficult to be fit and healthy. Having a great body shape along the way is indeed a bonus. So have you written out a plan for your health and fitness goals?
How To Heal Your Life Quickly
So, the key is to feel your emotions completely. If you have to cry for days then cry, if you feel like being alone then tell the people in your life you want space. Feel your emotions in their full capacity. They then fade into nothingness because they have been honored, felt and expressed. If you can really master this you can have dramatic shifts in your health, career, finances and relationships in a short period of time. This above all else will get you to optimum health and an amazing life faster than anything else.
Life events come into your life to teach you something. The Universe is always steering you where you are meant to be. When you resist and fight to have it your way, well, then you will get zinged because sometimes what your EGO wants is not what the Universe (Creator) has in store for you. It is kind of like getting into a raft and then letting the current of the stream take you for a ride. You don't have to paddle or apply any effort. The energy of the water is carrying you. However, when you try to go against the stream or go upstream as many people want to do in life, well, you end up exhausted, angry, bitter and completely confused. The key is to LET GO & ENJOY THE RIDE.
Essentially, illness, struggle, and drama is not trusting the process of life and wanting to go against the stream. The magic comes when you can learn to trust the Universe and LET GO, really let go and stop trying to control everything in life.
Perhaps, you getting fired from your job was the Universe attempting to tell you that you are now meant to do something else or perhaps it is a lesson of forgiveness and understanding or perhaps the Universe is steering you down a different path because maybe you are meant to do great things in life by helping people. Maybe, there is another profession that you are meant to do that will help more people than you were able to in your last profession.
Can you see this? On a spiritual level, the Universe is always out for your best interest. You must learn to surrender to the Infinite Intelligence that created this amazing Universe and beyond. Do you think that the Creator would cause you to suffer or steer you down the wrong path? The Creator that created everything you see and the perfection of all of it...do you for one minute think that it would mess your life up by pointing you in the wrong direction? IT IS ALL PERFECT.
The EGO doesn't want you to see that because to see your life that way would mean the end of it...THE EGO,the false self that has taken control of your life all these years.
That is your mission in this life, to merge back with your spirit and surrender all the illusions of the EGO. This is the place of magic, healing, happiness, health, joy and freedom.
Exercise For Rapid Emotional Healing
So, for rapid emotional healing you must go deep within yourself and ask...what am I really feeling? Then write down what comes up. Let those feelings be there for the moment. Honor those feelings and talk to them and say..."I know you are there...I feel you". Tell those feelings that it is ok to express themselves. Let whatever comes simply express itself. If it is anger be angry...if it is frustration be frustrated...if it is bitterness then be bitter. Allow the emotions to fully express themselves. Keep your concentration on the center of the feeling. You will find that when you are honest with your feelings and really acknowledge them and express them fully....after, these feelings will fade away.
How To Get Homework Done
You are not alone. “Why do teachers give out homework?” is a question children frequently ask as a way of justifying their refusal. Becoming good at getting your child to do his or her homework means you must have a well thought out answer, one that is more “because you have to”.
Teachers give out homework because there is not enough time in a school day to get everything done and without homework children would lose any chance of a decent job, prosperity etc. This question and other similar questions, (such as “should homework be abolished) or your child asking you for all the answers to homework questions are one way many children avoid their homework – there are many others.
It takes a little time and a change of perspective on your child's part to get them to accept that homework is very important and necessary. I've outlined below three effective methods that will help you help your son or daughter to make the most out of their homework assignments in a positive manner.
Don't make homework into a chore or a job. Children do not respond well to something if it is programmed into their minds that it is something they have to do. Nobody likes to have to do anything, children are no different, if anything they feel the pressure more than adults as often they have yet to learn life skills to help them cope with pressure..
Adults often keep trying what isn't working in spite of overwhelming proof that their methods are failing. If forcing children to do their homework was effective, then why do many resist for their entire school life and why do we have so many discouraged children dropping out of high school. If forcing them worked then we not have so many kids growing up with poor self esteem and not getting the college education that they should.
Below are 3 suggestions to help you plan ahead and get your child on the right track when it comes to doing homework:
1. Set up a daily schedule of when your child is to do his or her homework. Do not deviate from this routine. Turn off all distractions such as television, radio and computers (unless they are needed to complete the work) during this time. Your child will complain, but if you stick to it eventually your child will accept doing his homework at a specific time, particularly if his reward is the TV etc.
2. Refrain from supervising him or her too closely. Don't check everything they do or be too overbearing and corrective. Give your child a choice of whether they want your help or not. Also, give them a choice of whether they want you to correct their homework papers or not. After a while, you will find that they will start coming to you for help, asking for advice, wanting you to double check their work. In the end result, sometimes less is more.
3. Listen to what your child has to say. Most homework stress and arguments start at the beginning of the session. If your child starts complaining about beginning an assignment then instead of debating or arguing with them, try listening to them. Empathize with your child and try to find the reason he is not starting. It could easily be that he doesn't understand the question or genuinely doesn't know the answer. Ask him what is wrong and be sincere. He may well ask your opinion on the homework and you must reply constructively and give him some ideas. You may be surprised to find that just asking will release their tension by talking with you he will begin the assigned homework.
5 Tips On How To Build Self Confidence Today
There are very few people who could call themselves perfect and be right. Most of us need to build self confidence today, but the majority just either ignore the issues or concentrate on the negatives: stress, worry, jobs, money problems and relationship issues. Concentrating on these areas drains our self confidence rather than improving it.
If you could improve your self confidence you could make more money, look and feel better physically, or just be more relaxed with other people. Below there are five simple techniques that have been proved to help build self confidence today.
1. Talk to yourself. It sounds crazy but it works. All of us have a running monologue constantly in our heads, whether we realize it or not. Everything we see, hear, or touch sparks off an immediate dialog in our thoughts.
For those who lack confidence this monologue is filled with negative messages many of which are the negative side of adverts from television, radio, advertisement boardings, newspapers, and just overhearing other people talk.
These negative thoughts literally suck energy from our minds and bodies and block the flow of positive messages. We need to hear the positive messages as they will build self confidence today and raise our self esteem. Take control. Use your inner thoughts to talk to yourself in a positive manner, as often as you can.
As an example one of my regular sayings is "I like myself, I like myself, I like myself". I just repeat it for a couple of minutes. It sounds cheesy, but does build self confidence today – Try it. I bet that if you go to the mirror right now and repeat out loud "I like myself!" 50 times, it will be impossible to keep from smiling.
2. Dress as smartly and as classily as you can. You wont feel at your best if you don't look your best. You will be amazed at just how much more confidence you will have just looking your best. It just feels good when you are wearing your best clothes, are well groomed, and are surrounded by a clean environment. So what if it is Saturday, you need to build self confidence today not next week. Put on your nice clothes, get the car washed, style that hair! A hairdresser once told me "Everyday is show time!"
3. Increase your self esteem even more by giving thanks to what you are, how you look, and what you are doing. Say "thank you" to yourself to everything you see, all whom you meet, and each smile that you receive.
4. Stand or sit correctly: How you stand sends out a message to the World, and in turn, back to you. This results in improving how you feel about yourself and will build self confidence today and every day.
There is scientific evidence that shows how posture affects our mood. Do not slouch. Slouching produces a down mood. By slouching you are telling the world and yourself it doesn't matter, you don't matter. Standing tall and upright will actually lift your mood. Help build up your confidence by pulling back those shoulders, stop that slouch, and walk proud.
5. Smile. Just smile and things seem better somehow. Practice smiling regularly and get your facial muscles used to the physical act of smiling.
Go to the mirror and smile – make yourself. Not a grimace, but a proper smile. If you don't think you can try this:
1) Open your eyes as wide as you can – (try and get your eyebrows right up to you hair line)
2) Slightly open your mouth
3) Pull the corners of your mouth back towards your ears (If your not sure pull them back with your fingers so you know what it feels like then try again without your fingers).
4) Repeat 50 times. Get your facial muscles used to smiling and you will smile more and encourage smiles from others. This will make you feel happier and with that you'll build self confidence today.
by: John Edmond
6 Ways To Overcome Shyness And Gain Confidence
Winning the war with shyness takes practice, but is definitely well worth the effort as the result is increasing confidence and self esteem. Wake up feeling good about yourself, able to face the world with confidence and security and the knowing that no feeling of shyness can come in your way of achieving your desires.
There are hundreds of books written on the subject of how beat shyness and gain confidence, but there are a few techniques that anyone can practice. Here are 6 suggestions of techniques on how to overcome your shyness:
1. Every morning, as soon as you get up, get in front of a mirror and say out loud "I feel terrific! I feel terrific! I feel terrific!" Repeat this affirmation with enthusiasm at least ten times everyday until it's ingrained into your subconscious mind. If feel a little self conscious to begin with lock yourself in the bathroom. The results will amaze you.
2. Feel good about yourself. Look your best. Dress up more often. This gives you an extra feeling of confidence and self esteem. On its own just knowing that you look good will boost your confidence and reinforce with others that there are things about you that are worth getting to know.
3. Take a risk at least once a day. It's very invigorating and conquering fears by taking risks helps you grow in confidence and self esteem. Start with small risks and fears and as you overcome them move onto bigger things. There's nothing you cannot do. Be confident in knowing that change can only help you grow, and boost your self confidence.
4. When you are engaged in a one to one conversation, or with a larger group of people, let them know that you're shy. This prevents them from misreading you and they are far more likely to invite you into the conversation rather than leave you just listening and wishing you could contribute.
Many people, me included, find following a conversation in a noisy room difficult. If you are having difficulty say so and move so that you can hear. People respect honesty, and vulnerability and you will attract more honest people into your life as a result.
5. Rejection is a fact of life that everyone experiences. It is rarely you that is being rejected. If you are rejected, for example if you ask someone for a date, remember that everyone has different likes and dislikes. You may be attracted to one type of person and not others. The same applies to other people and you are probably just not their type. That does not devalue you in any way. Accept this and know that you will get over it. Never take it personally and keep in mind that if people reject you it is because of their own likes and dislikes and not because of who you are. You are equally entitled to reject others because of your likes and dislikes.
6. Engage in an activities that make you feel excited and good about yourself or start a hobby that gives you a feeling of relaxation. This could be anything from gardening to Tai Chi to Karate. Take some lessons, learn or master a musical instrument or take singing lessons. Do something that excites you and take a risk. Exploring things that make you feel excited is a great antidote for shyness.
Learn How To Play Golf In 5 Easy Ways
For people who are into playing golf, nothing matters most for them than to have a better score when playing the game. This is because most golfers usually take their gratifications in the scores that they make.
Therefore, for people who want to increase their playing skill, here is a list of some tips that they can use to improve their gaming performance.
1. Pump up before the game starts
Every golfer must first learn the things they have to do before they play the game. The problem with most players is that they tend to think that since golf is not a very strenuous sport like basketball, they dont have to do some warm up exercises.
This should not be the case because golfers need to warm up and stretch those muscles before they start making double bogeys.
2. Swinging is a perfect exercise
In golf, the most pressured and the most exerted part of the body are the hands. Hence, it is important to exercise them before playing the game.
Swinging can effectively pull out any stressed or rigid muscle in the hand. Its best to keep on practicing swinging. Experts say that almost 50% of a golfers ability is based on swinging.
3. Consider the size of the club
In order to play the best golf game, it is important for a player to choose the right golf club that he or she will use. The first to consider when choosing a golf club is its length. The length should be proportionate and suitable to the player so that he or she will be comfortable when playing.
4. Familiarize the six parts of golf swings
In order to play best in golf, it is important for a player to familiarize himself or herself on the six parts of the golf swing technique. The six parts of the swing are the proper alignment of the golf club; proper setup of the golfers posture and position; back swing; take-away; impact; and the follow-through.
5. Know the course
A good golfer should know his or her terrain. Hence, it is important for a golfer to note the so-called trouble areas. This is where some imminent problems are present like a sloping part of the fairway or hanging branch of a tree.
These are just some of the basic tips that one could use in playing golf. However, the most important thing a golfer should remember is to keep his or her body healthy before the competition. Its where they generate their power for that beautiful back swing.
Thursday, July 13, 2006
How to Teach a Parrot to Talk
As satisfied bird owners can attest, teaching a parrot to talk takes patience but is well worth the effort.
- Begin teaching your parrot to talk when she is 4 to 6 months old at the latest. Try a simple 'Good morning' to your bird at the start of each day. Keep in mind that some parrots will pick up words sooner than others.
- Hold the bird in front of your mouth when you teach her, so that you have her attention.
- Repeat words or phrases, such as family members' names and common expressions. Be sure to show lots of excitement in your voice. Your parrot will gradually begin to repeat after you.
- Repeat certain words or phrases every time you do something, such as 'Up' when you lift your bird up, to teach her to associate a certain movement with certain words.
- Reward with treats when your parrot mimics you.
- Consider playing recordings of words you want her to learn for up to 15 minutes at a time ' longer than that can cause boredom.
- Don't let your bird hear sounds or words you don't want her to mimic. Discourage unwanted utterances by simply ignoring them.
- Some experts believe that parrot owners should teach their birds to talk before teaching them to whistle, as whistling can interfere with learning words
- Mynah birds and certain types of parakeets can also learn to repeat words
- Women can teach birds to talk better than men because their voices is a higher tone and the bird will understand and be able to mimic easly.